[Ansteorra] Fw: Fling word to the winds... the coming of Batu Khan

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Mon Feb 16 14:23:56 PST 2009

Friends, rogues, SCAdians, lend me your eyes.  For today I bring you news of
some great importance for us all.
Less than eight months hence, there will be in these rolling hills another
great happening.  For Diamond Wars 24 is on the horizon.  And so is the
Horde.  Batu Khan is on the way, sweeping across the landscape and making
many things his on his way to establish his capital city of Saraj.  He hopes
to best the memory of his grandfather, Genghis Khan, with an even greater
kingdom along the Volga.  He will camp three days in the land of the Small
Gray Bear with his Horde, causing general mayhem we assume.
Batu Khan is searching out those of talent to help in his quest to unite
Turks and Mongols.  He needs good horsemen and women.  He needs those that
provide food to his wandering band.  He requires artisans to create the
comforts of home and hearth.  But most of all, he requires all strong
warriors to join him.
Will you be one of the worthy to travel beyond these sylvan lands?  Will you
be worthy of Batu Khan's Horde?  Will you stand and display your prowess in
the mid-October sun?  Then you must come to Diamond Wars.
These coming months more shall be heard from the shores of Lake Pogo as
Small Gray Bear prepares for Batu Khan's arrival.  Prepare yourself for the
oncoming storm.  Read more here:
http://www.kingdomofgleannabhann.org/index.php?view=details&id=41%3ADiamond+Wars+-+Barony+of+Small+Gray+Bear&option=com_eventlist&Itemid=7
or http://miniurl.com/6695

Prices for those of age (adults):
Thursday arrival $20
Friday arrival $16
Saturday arrival or daytrip $12

For those not of age (children 6-12):
Thursday arrival $10
Friday arrival $8
Saturday arrival $6
Babes in arms are free if you bring them yourself.

Prices include all meals save Saturday night's feed.  Add $6 for the Grand
Feast of Lady Elspeth de Culane or $4 for the tavern fare of THL Katryne
MacIntosh the Strange.  Non-members please add $3.

Please circulate the word and spread the news.
Many thanks,
Katryne MacIntosh the Strange
publicity nut, DWXXIV