[Ansteorra] Water Bearing at Gulf Wars?

Robert-GMail rgferrell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 06:47:05 PST 2009

Having an 'official' bureaucratic infrastructure doesn't really ensure
any better deployment of resources, anyway.  Case in point: several
years ago at Gulf Wars Godwyn Alfricson and I wandered up to watch the
Rapier Field Melees.  We were astonished and dismayed that, despite
the relative close proximity of Waterbearers' Point, there was not a
single one assigned to this rather major scheduled battle.  Godwyn and
I commandeered a golf cart and a five-gallon jug and served as the
only waterbearers for that entire battle.

We have always and will always need water on the field.  But we don't
need yet another layer of bureaucracy to make that happen.  If you see
something that needs doing, just do it.

Cynric

Sent from my iPhone