[Ansteorra] Fw: [Ansteorra-announce] FromtheBoard of Directors-Financial Announcement

Elizabeth Crouchet elizabeth at crouchet.com
Mon Feb 23 10:46:47 PST 2009

It is common for corporations to invest money to make it make money.
Even for 501C3s. Generally this is a responsible thing to do. If it
makes money, even just in interest then the corporation has less need to
seek operating funds elsewhere, such as from it's members pockets.
Unfortunately it is subject to the same kinds of  risks as many of our
personal investment accounts, such as our 401Ks.

That is a great question. This  kind of thing should be looked into by
the membership. I applaud your deeper interest.

If you wish to know more about how this Society operates at the highest
mundane levels then contact the main office and request to subscribe to
the BOD minutes. Eventually, you may wish to go further and join the BOD
yourself at some point but take the time to find out what that is about
first.

Also talk to your Society ombudsman if you have any questions. The
easiest way to find  out who that is is to ask on this list or again,
contact the corporate office.

I am sure the BOD would welcome any suggestions that would help them to
handle the monies in the safest and most responsible ways possible.

Claire