[Ansteorra] I noticed something... (auction houses)

Coblaith Muimnech Coblaith at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 23 15:47:06 PST 2009

Giertrud Gyldenstierne wrote:
> Both http://fellowshipabbey.org/auction/index.php and
> http://medievalventures.com/index.php have been promoted on several
> lists.

> People seemed to be more welcoming to one than the other...

> Why is this?

Based on the posts promoting both that I've seen, one is a commercial
venture, advertised as being cheaper for sellers than eBay but
otherwise similar in the way it operates, while the other is a free
service, charging neither sellers nor bidders any fees.

I'm just guessing, but I think it likely that the free one is the one
you've noticed receiving a more friendly reception.

Coblaith Muimnech
<mailto:Coblaith at sbcglobal.net>