[Ansteorra] Fw: [Ansteorra-announce] FromtheBoard of Directors-Financial Announcement

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 18:57:53 PST 2009

The Corporate Budget for the year is published on the SCA.org web site:

http://www.sca.org/officers/treasurer/2009budget.html

According to that sheet, "unrealized stock gain/loss" was a loss of
$36K in 2008.  Note that an unrealized gain/loss is just that...the
investments have decreased in value, but may increase in value in the
future.

There is an Investment Committee that makes recommendations on how the
Corporate office handles financial investments.  I can't find the
contact information for it, but you can probably contact Maitresse
Alyisa, the Corporate Treasurer, and get in touch with the Investment
Committee through her.  They have asked for volunteers to be on the
Committee in the past, and there may be openings at this time if
someone is really interested in getting involved.

There is more that I could say about the Investment Committee, but I'm
not going to do so in this forum.  I think it's a good sign that
people are asking questions, and I encourage you to pass those
questions along to your Society Ombudsman.

Care,
Bubba