[Ansteorra] Dark Star Tavern

Robert Brown texas_roberttash at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 20:58:26 PST 2009

Greetings,

     I have not participated in the Tavern.  I in fact have not read every post of the tavern, but I have not ignored every post either.  Here's my thoughts....

     1.  As to this list, the description of it on Ansteora.ORG is:

Ansteorra	Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.

Therefore, as there is always a plethora of dreams, until the list admin says "Enough", it's fair game.  It, much like any post can be ignored or not.
     2.  Clutter is caused as much by posts as replys to and protests to those same posts.  I am now guilty as is everyone else in the thread.  Blame for everyone. <grin>

     3.  True we are not role players, but all should be persona players and this would seem an interesting idea to allow others to further develop their history and mindset, helping someone to get past being Dave in funny clothes and on to Thorkiller Hammersmasher, norse horticulturist.

    Also the impression I got from Pooky's original post was not so much a single chat room thread (please correct me if I'm wrong here) as a desire that when pertinent messages are posted perhaps rather than Dave asking about the waterbearing changes or Gulf Wars Activities, said Viking Veggie Farmer would frame his own questions.  The Tavern Idea does sound neat, but I can see it growing to need it's own group or list.

No offense meant to any party, especially Norse Horticulturists,

Gorm