[Ansteorra] 12th Night?

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Thu Jan 8 10:08:59 PST 2009

Vyolante replied to Catrin answering Burke responding to the cow with the
crumpled horn, who swallowed the spider to catch the fly connected to the
knee bone wi' th' auld moon in her arms in a rare bog, a rattlin' bog, with
more than $400 in deductions when married filing jointly, with men on first
or first and second with less than two outs, or when pronounced "ay" as in
neighbor and weigh.  The cheese stands alone.  No salesman will call.
Burma-Shave.

??> God Buddha Odinsson - Iris of Merit, Order o/t

BKMcD> Can someone tell me who this is as I know this name would never make
it
BKMcD> past the college of Heralds.

CfM> A wild guess, but perhaps someone wanted to see if we were paying
CfM> attention?

VdO> That looks like a Robin hard at work.

Nope.  I don't do that kind of joke when I'm the court herald, since the
herald is the extension of the Crown.  But since all heralds are expected
to fill out a court report form, and it can get boring during a long court,
some heralds will add the occasional joke name, to find out if the ruling
nobles actually read the reports they sign.  Generally the Zodiacus Herald
(who receives the reports and posts the names and awards) will prevent it
from being officially listed.

[So what kind of heraldic jokes do I tell?  Well, when Countess Sara
(Zodiacus Herald) saw that report, she came to me as the court herald and
"officially" asked if that award had been granted.  I told her that of
course it was a mistake -- that the name is actually "God Buddha
Odinsdottir".]

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin