[Ansteorra] painting fabric (was: Making a wall hanging . . .)

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Thu Jan 8 15:47:29 PST 2009

 The 18-by-14-inch section I painted on the most recent
t-shirt I made required about a dollar and a half's worth of paint, and that's for solid
coverage.  If the fabric had provided one of the colors (as it usually does on a banner),
it would've been less.

I would agree with you when doing a 3 by 4 foot banner, but when we are doing eight 7 by 6 foot wall hangings or four 11by 9 foot banners adds up.
I would like to see what a totally painted banner of fabric paint does? We should test it on gesso and also see what happens when you paint a solid piece. Anyone have any spare Fabric paint?
willow