[Ansteorra] sideboard feast thank yous

Melissa Carter honeyfrog at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 21:16:42 PST 2009

I'd like to thank several people who made the sideboard feast at Crown
Tournament possible.  Just because a person bears the title "feast steward"
doesn't mean that person does it alone.  I had several people help get out
the tasty and warm soups that we all enjoyed this past Saturday.
First I have to thank Lady Anne atte Rydeforde.  She practically lived at my
house the week before the event and without her calm and invaluable hands
and experiance the food would not have happened.  She is a true asset to
anyone she helps...I was just blessed this time that I was on the receiving
end of her help!
Next I need to thank Mistress Rhiannon (the Middle Eastern Dance one) for
volunteering her kitchen and efforts in the making of the meat pies (I LOVE
pie!).  She had several helping hands for this endeavor.  Lady Anne once
again came to help and milady Rachel and milady Lauren.  Our very own
Serpentine Baroness also lent her hands to the meat pies (and the
cobblers).  With out all of these wonderful ladies I know we would have had
a very slim sideboard!
Then there is our Baron.  Baron William, what an awesome cook he is!  His
beef barley stew was the favorite I believe and oh man was it scrumptious!
Thank you Your Excellency for donating such wonderful fare to the day's
nourishment.
Last there are the silent workers.  These saints that show up on site and
lend a hand (or pots and burners) or whatever may have been needed to get
the food out.  Master Leofric, our very own Loch Guardian, Drake and HE
William lent the pots in which we cooked.  Lord Madog hauled the trailer
which carried all of the utensils and kitchen equipment.  Thank you all for
your "silent" contributions.  Lord Allric (sp?) from Bryn Gwald came and
helped serve and set up and talk shop all the day.  How dry and empty the
day would have been without him.  Thank you kind lord for contributing to
our efforts.  You skill and knowledge in the kitchen was invaluable.
The unsung heroes of the feast...the clean up crew.  Lady Lessa, HE William
and Herr Gunthar all toiled long and hard to get the kitchen cleaned up and
broken down.  I want to especially thank Herr Gunthar, my dear sweet
husband.  He lived with the mess in his own home (and the smells of which he
could not partake) for a week.  Then, he spent several hours cleaning up and
helping get it all put away.  Without him none of my endeavors would ever
come to fruition.  I am truly grateful to him for his support and love and
encouragement!

Thank you all for helping me serve to the dream!

Herrin Hedwig, feast steward

"Campbell's Soup runs in fear of a German woman with a spoon!"