[Ansteorra] A question for those in academia...

Owen Van Meter ovanoff57 at clearwire.net
Wed Jan 14 10:44:30 PST 2009

Greetings,
     I have been working on my families genealogy for a few years now. One
thing that I have found is to get a good clear plastic sheets that you can
slip the letters and/or photos into. Something like what you would put
photos into for an album. There is one style that has a lip on the open end
that allows you to kind of seal up the open end once you've put your
document into it but allows you to be able to take it back out if needed. If
it says "something (chemical) free" thats even better. A good place to find
these would be at some place like Walmart in the office/school supplies or
even at a office supply store. As you fill up these pages put them in a
three binder or a box that they can lay flat in. If you put them in a binder
on a bookshelf that's not in direct sunlight. Once you have scanned
everything onto a CD put into someplace like a fireproof safe or a safe
deposit box just in case something like a fire happens at your home the
information will be protected. This way the photos and letters can still be
printed out again. Sure the originals are always great but a copy is better
than nothing at all.

     I hope this is at least gives you a place to start. You can find out
some really interesting things about relatives that you didn't know before.
Like I have a great-uncle that ran around with Dillinger and Baby Face
Nelson back in the 1920's and 30's.

                                                                         Ld.
Griffin Van Meteren

ovanoff57 at clearwire.net