[Ansteorra] things to do when your other half is at Round Table

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Thu Jan 15 19:54:21 PST 2009

Hello this is a bored Willow so I thought I would tell you about some fun places to go near UTA Campus
If your friends and significant others have to go round table and you end up in Arlington Here are some places that are fun.
Arlington has some great thrift stores pretty close to the site.
If you get on Abrams and head East just past Collins you  will find both a Salivation army store which is OK. The other place you might want to look at is MIa's. This is a discount jewelry store next to Salivation Army which has some stuff that would make jewelry for late period dresses at a reasonable price. They did have a lot of fake amber but that was a while back. I have been buying things there and using their parts to make nice period jewelry. Doing this was cheaper than buying on line or the Hobby shops.
Further down Collins on your left you will find Thrift Town which is my favorite thrift place.
 Go back to  Collins heading West . If you turn right  you will end up on I-30 and the Lincoln Square shopping center.This area has the Half Price Book Store, Colltier BQ and a Pier One store that is having a big sale.
 If you turn left and go to Park Row you will find Collin's thrift. This is a  place that often has fun things. Just before you get to it you will find Asel art store which sometimes has good deals on special art stuff.  and next to it is a military collectors shop. It is going out of business and has some good deals but I don't know about the inventory.
If you are still interested in looking at thrift stores you should follow Park Row West to Cooper. and go left on Cooper till you get to intersection of Pioneer. If you want a nice but reasonable place for lunch look for the Main Street Cafe. It is hard to find because it is behind some buildings. Just before you get to Pioneer look to your right and you will find Texas Thrift. This place sometimes has great stuff.
After you go to Texas thrift and maybe the Big Lots next to it. They have some great lamp work beads in the craft section. You need to get back on Cooper or take Pioneer down to the next light West and turn right and go to Arkansas. IF you took Cooper to Arkansas turn left if you took the other way turn right you will see the Goodwill store. In the Shopping center next to the Goodwill store is D D's. I found my nice iron folding table at that place for almost nothing. It is a discount store so I have no idea what it will have there.
Across the Street you find another half price books. I have not been there recently so I can't give to any idea if you will find good stuff but it is always fun.
By this time your friends and loves one have finished with their classes. Take Cooper back up to the Campus and your UTA map will direct you.
I hope you have a nice time.
Willow