[Ansteorra] ALL-CON 2009

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Fri Jan 30 17:47:19 PST 2009

I could not get a link to the schedule but they asked me last year to do a crown and coronet class and in general jewelry for your costume.
Making a Crown and period looking jewelry on a budget. How to construct and good looking crowns and other jewelry without welding and using only common household tools.
The class will cover where to get things and how to put them together. Some hand on things will be provided.(If you want to take your work home please be prepared to cover the materials.) Contact me for a list of things to bring if you want to work on your own stuff.
I would also like to do being a "Bard in games and using bard tricks to impress your DM."
Real Bards had all sort of tricks up their sleeves to make stories, poems and even songs at a moment notice. this class will cover the trick of making on the spur of moment performances.
I would also like to do " What makes the Society of Creative Anarchism different from other LARP groups" This is class on the SCA from one of it's oldest members. Willow Taylor joined the SCA in 1969 and after 40 years  still having  a great time. . As one of the founding members of the Texas and Ok. Chapters and the First Queen of the Kingdom of Ansteorra which is Texas and Ok. This lady has much experience to pull from.
This class will go into the things that are fun and unique in the SCA. The learning aspects and the great enjoyment that can be gotten on working on things based on history. The real aspect  of the SCA will be stressed. The sense of accomplishment that goes along with the fighting and and other activities. I will stress the 183 things I have learned in the SCA and how much fun I have had doing it. I will also stress that what we do is based on individual development and how each person goes at their own pace. I will mention how the SCA incorporates many different things and it is place where most people can find things that will interest them
I hope to create a display that will show the many aspects of the Club.
Would you look over these classes and tell me when you would want them. My husband and I are planning to be at the event the hole time.
Also is there something you would like us to teach?
willow