[Ansteorra] 15 Different Prizes

Gilyan Clonmacnoise gilyanclonmacnoise at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 08:12:33 PDT 2009

3 pairs of hardened steel gauntlets, baskethilt, handmade 30th Year mugs,
linen fabric, home brewed beer, jewelry, rattan weapons, Roman armor, etched
30th Year glasses, meal for two at 30th Year, silk banner, home brewed mead,
more linen fabric

Where can you show up at a melee tournament *by yourself* and still have a
really good chance of winning one of 15 - yes, 15! - different prizes?
At the Company of St. Mark Grand Melee Tournament, being held Friday night
at 5pm!

It may be a melee tournament, but you don't have to have a melee team to
enter. Everyone's names are put in a hat. Five names are drawn to be Team
#1. Five names are drawn to be Team #2. Teams 1 and 2 fight. Everyone on the
winning team gets a point. Names are drawn and teams are made until the hat
is empty. Then, it all starts over again with a different scenario and
continues until everyone has had enough.

What? Did you say that it would be boring to fight the same people over and
over again in an open field? You are correct! There will be many different
scenarios - bridges, barriers, woods, open field, dog leg trails, u-shaped
castles - anything that we can come up with. Be sure to bring all of your
toys in case one of the scenarios is single sword only or another is pole
arm only. You never can tell what new scenarios we can come up with!

There will also be shade and refreshments available to those who wish to
watch the Company of St. Mark Grand Melee Tournament. Bring your chair on
over, relax, and join the festivities!

Hope to see you all at 30th Year,
Gilyan

*fine print*
Members of the Company of St. Mark will not be eligible for prizes unless no
one else shows up. Then we will keep all of our toys to ourselves.  :)

--
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney