[Ansteorra] Every Ansteorran Rapier Tournament [was Everyman Tourney-THIS WEEKEND ]

Tristan von Heidelberg tristanvh at comcast.net
Wed Jul 8 10:26:57 PDT 2009

Greetings all-

It has come to my attention that there has been some confusion over the name and entry requirements for the “Everyman Tournament” scheduled for this Saturday at the 30th year celebration.  You all have my apologies for not having cleared this up earlier.

So if you will please indulge me with a last minute name clarification

I invite all rapier combatants to the “EVERY ANSTEORRAN rapier tournament” this Saturday at noon.

This tournament is to celebrate Ansteorra’s 30 years as a kingdom and is open to all authorized rapier combatants.  So if you enjoy rapier combat and wish to honor 30 years of Ansteorra’s history then please join us on the field and entertain the Baronesses of the Coast.

The tournament format will start with fighters divided into small groups where they will fight all others in their pool.  With enough C&T authorized entrants we will hopefully have a C&T pool.  The top finisher(s) in each pool will proceed to a final round.

I look forward to seeing you all this weekend,
Don Tristan von Heidelberg
Ansteorra Kingdom Rapier Marshal

p.s.
Those not familiar with Gulf War may wish to know that for the last several years the original “Everyman Tournament” has been a very successful and highly attended tourney showcasing the talents of the Everyman.  Who is Everyman?

“The Everyman does not have his Kingdom's Terminal Rapier Award, but Everyman is out there fighting anyway.  Everyman goes to War and has fun. Everyman is in the ranks taking orders and keeping the line. Everyman can be a novice, a crossover, and the guy who has been fencing for years and just has fun or even the deadly serious cadet or student.”