[Ansteorra] A clarification

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:59:06 PDT 2009

The note about Timo and Patrick-Michael was in no way meant to

be a slam on His Grace or Dukes in general.

I figured most people knew the story of the Crown in which Jarl (Count)

Timotheos faced Duke Patrick in the Finals. In the final bout Timo

took Pat's leg. When asked to yield, His Grace responded that if he

wanted to be a duke he would have to earn it. To this Timo responded

that he didn't want to be a duke, he wanted to be a hero. Timo

then joined Patrick on the ground and subsequently lost the fight

and the Crown.

To be a Duke is the dream of nearly every serious fighter in the Society

and to find the desire for fair play, a show for the populace and an act

of what some would consider stupid heroism merely for the honor of

one's name has been the cornerstone of what makes me put on armor

and go through it all.

My comment was in no way meant to be a dig at a great man and good

friend, Duke Patrick-Michael, but a celebration of another amazing fighter

who "gets it".

I do hope this apology and clarification is sufficient for any who may have

seen it a different way.

For anyone who passed on my first story, please pass this on as well in

case any others would have the same misconception.

Thank you,

Duke Gunthar