[Ansteorra] 30Th Year Champion

YsfaelEleanor at aol.com YsfaelEleanor at aol.com
Tue Jul 14 09:55:15 PDT 2009

Greetings to the populace of Ansteorra!!

It was my privilege to host this tournament Saturday morning at the 30th
Yr. celebration.

The tourney was about Franchise, a noble virtue.  Knights attending  this
were requested to judge the virtue of the entrants based on their
performance that day.  We (knights) were looking specifically for Prowess,
Perseverance, Honor and Courage.  We found it in abundance.

After much single challenges, and then brutal melees, much ransom achieved,
 a final eight were selected to vie for the title of overall champion,
achieve  glory for their name and honor for that gentle whose favor they bore.

These were ...

Sir Jean Paul de Sans
Sir Gaston de Clermont
HE Centurion Chiang
Centurion Fiacha the Blue
Lord Rhys (the King's Squire - hope I spelled it right)
Lord George (HG Ulsted's Squire)
Lord Calibus (from Bryn Gwlad)
Lord Ambroglio (Sir Giotto's son)

Allowed to make their own final challenges and showing to their fellow
combatants and the populace their worth, the overall winner was Centurion
Chiang.

Also, it was my priviledge on this day to pass on the axe, Hero's  Song,
given some years ago first to then Centurion Timo from the hand of Sir
Pendaran.  Hero's Song celebrates the memory of Master Ragnar Ulfgarson,  Lion of
Ansteorra, and his contributions to Ansteorra and the Knowne  World.  I was
certain I would find someone worthy at some point this  weekend.  It was an
honor to receive it.  It was a joy to pass it on  to Sir Jean Paul.

Myself as Witness,
Sir Ysfael Bryndu CSSA
Aut disce aut discede

**************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on