[Ansteorra] Ansteorra's 30th Year Celebration and Crown Tourney - Thank You

Sir Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 14 15:22:21 PDT 2009

Greetings to all from Druinne and Morgan, Stewards for 30th Year.

First of all, thank you to all of you who braved the heat and
travelled far and near to attend this wonderful event.  We had over
700 of you who made the event the success that it was.

Our goal was to make this event one that the kingdom sponsored and to
that end we have many people to thank for making it happen.  It was
very telling that just about half of the audience in court stood when
we asked all of those who had a hand in the event in some way.  Of
course, when doing a list of people who need to be thanked, we will
leave out someone.  So, please take this apology up front.  We
appreciate everyone's efforts, especially the prep work efforts of the
various
groups that we didn't even personally witness.  So in no particular order,
thanks go
to the following good gentles who helped make this event a joy to
steward.

Web minister and electronic art whiz kid - Garreth Silverthane
Art for T shirts - Lyonete von Leydon
Site tokens - Gunthar Waldmann and Lochlan Dunn
Invitations and Royal Liason - Conal O' Riordain
Site - Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair, assisted by Katheryn Cunninghame,
hall coordinator and site liasion, Damon Xanthus, set up and tear
down, Adena Terricsdottir, water bearing and nasty crat, and D'Alder
Camber who handled security.
CiC - Ainarr Magnusson
Finance - Isobail inghean Gilla Chriosd, assisted by Isabelot de
Forens who handled gate.
Scheduling - Hedwig von Luneborg
Herald in Charge - Alden Drake, assisted by Emma de Fetherstan
(consulting table), Tostig Logiosophia and Elspeth de Stervlen (site
heraldry), and Ivo Blackhawk, list heraldry
Scribal History Display - Hillary Greenslade
Marshal in Charge - Evets von Drachenklaue, assisted by Tristan von
Heidleberg, Rixende de Rouen and Ekaterina Iadorovna Kharlampieva, aka
Katya
Radio communications - Niklas Vasilevich
Minister of Revels - Ihon Vinson macFergus, assisted by Dominique
Michelle LeVesseur, Hafla coordinator
Fundraising - Avery Shaw
Volunteer and Information Point - Mercedes de Cerdanya
Taverns - Vanessa de Verona and Rhiannon ferch Cian
Land Agent - Brian O'hUilliam
Historical Display - Robert Fitzmorgan
Merchant Cooridinator - Cristyana Lambrecht
Newcomers' Point - Alisone McCay and Katrine la Esclopiera
Arts and Sciences - Elisaveta af Isefjord
Children's Activities - Ameline du Bois

We had several good gentles come forth to either teach, or sponsor an
activity:

Achievements Competition - Alden Drake
List Babe Torchlight Tourney - Margarite and Katya, aka the List Babes
Ansteorran XXX Championship - Ysfael Bryndu
Company of St Mark Grand Melee - Company of St Mark
Rapier Champions Tourney - Julia de Montoya and Conal O'Riordain
Champions of Champions - Bastian Eisengart
Schwarze Fecht Lyst - Tristan von Heidelberg
Laurel A&S Competition - Alys Durivau
Siege Training - Miguel dela Trebuchet
Archery Shoot - Vincenti da Murano
Five Basic Embroidery Stitches - Solange
Chainstitch Variations - Magdalena von Hallenberg
Ansteorran Legal Bolts/Arrows - Engenulf de Vienville
Fingerloop braiding - Eve the Just
Trapunto Quilting - Amata Amati d’Arezzo
Beginning Kumihimo - Catan ingen Míchíl
Beginning Knitting - Catan ingen Míchíl
Beginning Blackwork  - Maeve Dianotto
Blacksmithing - Gunnarr haukr
Viking Box - Stephanie Lilburn
Charter Painting - Sarah di Rimini
Simple Banners - Sarah di Rimini
Pearl Anniversary Ball - Hanna von Dahl and Gaston de Clermont
Pewter  Casting - Stefan li Rous
Squires and Chivalry Open Champions -  Timo Kalamanos
Between the Sheets Rapier Melee - Tristan von Heidelberg
Iron Star Tourney - Ingve of York
Everyman Rapier - Tristan von Heidelberg
"Never Won a List" list - Tristan von Heidelberg
Beekeeping through the SCA Period  and Beginning with Bees - James
en les Breres,  Gleann Abhann
How to Gold Leaf  - Katarzyna Nikolaieva
History of Ansteorran Awards, Insignia, and Precedence - Robin
of Gilwell & Serena Lascelles
How to Wrap a Sari - Vyolante de Oporto
Choli 101 - Rhiannon ferch Bryan
Bardic Circle - Catrin ferch Maelgwn
Golden Rapier Tourney - Tristan von Heidelberg
The Venerable Astrolabe - Friar Galen of Ockham, OP
Anchor Tossing - Alric Morgannwgg
Herbs 101 - Goldweard of St. Golias
Tassel Making with Needle Weaving for Elizabethan & Arabic Tassels -
Dyan du Lac Calendre
Wolfstar Drum Circle - House Wolfstar
Children's Bardic Circle - Catrin ferch Maelgwn
English Country Dances for Eight - Isabella of Bryn Gwlad
Royal A&S Gifts Competition - Gwynafwy Sinclaire
Basic Middle Eastern Drumming - Cormac O'Bron
If You think What we do NOW is Strange - Gwyneth Blackrose
Almans, Pavanes, and Measures - Isabella of Bryn Gwlad

As you can see, this truly was a great effort on the part of many and
this list does not contain any of the names of the good people who
took shift on security, heralded the site, heralded a list, helped
with waterbearing, worked a gate shift, helped with set up or tear
down, or took the time to do a myriad of other tasks to make this
event work.

This truly was an event put on by a Kingdom and to each of you whether
named or not, we give our sincere thanks for a great event.

We remain in service,
Druinne and Morgan