[Ansteorra] Arrangements for Duchess Arielle

Kingdom Seneschal seneschal at ansteorra.org
Wed Jul 22 21:10:24 PDT 2009

Greetings,

If you would please pass this information on to your various Kingdom lists,
I would appreciate it.  Their Graces have friends in quite a number of
places.  If anyone has questions or concerns, please have them contact me.

Thank you,

Alesia

Baroness Alesia Gillefalyn, OP
Atlantian Seneschal
Per Valharic's request...Please crosspost.

Dear Atlantia,

I am writing this missive on behalf of Duke Valharic.  He wanted me to relay
to everyone his sincerest gratitude for all of the messages of love and
support that have been sent his way.  He also wanted to share with everyone
his wishes for the arrangements being made for Duchess Arielle.  It is the
family’s intent to have a memorial service in mid August (meaning…after
Pennsic).  He recognizes how dearly loved his wife is and wanted as many
people who would want to and could be a part of her celebration of life to
have that opportunity.  There will be more specific details forthcoming.

It is also His Grace’s intent to be at Pennsic.  He said that he wants to be
with his friends and family and to be at a place where he is surrounded by
the people who understand.  He knows that there, he can be with the people
he needs, talk to the people he wants and be alone when he needs to be.

He is on his way back to Charlotte where he will spend a few days and then
he will go to Ohio to see his mother.  From there he will meet us at
Pennsic.

Regards,

Aryanna

Greetings,
With the passing of Her Grace this morning, a few questions of come up in
regards to the private fundraising efforts in progress to faciliate covering
the medical expenses for Duchess Arielle.  We would ask that those efforts
continue as the total costs of the expenses incurred during Her time of
treatment at MD Anderson are still unknown.  Any monies rasied in these
efforts and not needed by His Grace Valhalric, will be donated Arielle's
name to the Susan G Komen Foundation.
Any one raising money should contact Her Excellency Countess Aryanna (TaraMcD
at juno.com<http://seahorse.atlantia.sca.org/listinfo.cgi/atlantia-atlantia.sca.org>)
for coordination and getting the money to His Grace.
Please cross post as you see fit.
Thank you,
Alesia

Actually, emails can be sent to this addy at countessaryanna at
yahoo.com<http://seahorse.atlantia.sca.org/listinfo.cgi/atlantia-atlantia.sca.org>since
that is what I've used to help keep track of our efforts.  If you use
the one below, that will work too.  I hope that those of you who have
planned a fundraising effort will continue with your intent.  If you would
like to mail a donation, please send it to me in the form of a check written
out to Her Grace's mundane name which is Courtney Hester.  Mail to me and I
can deposit directly into their account:

Tara McDonough
9706 Early Spring Way
Columbia, MD 21046

I know everyone is grieving but know that you are not alone.

Aryanna

********************************
Atlantia,

It is with very sad hearts that we write to you today. Atlantia has lost one
of its most loved members. Duchess Arielle the Golden passed away this
morning after a nine year battle with cancer. She was undergoing treatment
in Houston, Texas at MD Anderson hospital.

At this time, arrangements are still being made and information will be
provided as We know more. We ask that you please give Duke Valharic space
during this difficult time. Please continue to send cards or other
correspondence to Mistress Alesia, Kingdom Seneschal.

Thank you,

Logan and Esa
Rex and Regina