[Ansteorra] not entirely OT what with XXXth coming up

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 10:06:45 PDT 2009

Mailing your elected representative a tea bag is the single most
lazy/stupid/ineffective political action you can take. All it proves
is that you know what a tea bag is and are capable of addressing an
envelope and affixing the proper postage. There are so many different
groups with different goals and ideals that have laid claim to this
gesture that your representative cannot possibly guess what you mean
by it other than that you are generally unhappy. If you want to make
your point clearly and unambiguously, pick up a pen and write a letter
or actually attend a protest. Or heck, why not simply exercise your
right to vote? So few Americans actually do that.

~Eve - who actually does experience taxation without representation as
she cannot vote