[Ansteorra] Why the tournament at Queens worked.

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Mon Jun 1 21:30:20 PDT 2009

The answer is, of course, that a lot of people pitched in and helped. The
result was a great day of fighting, camaraderie, and getting to know and
honoring a wonderful Queen. As MIC and as a fighter in that lyst I would
like to thank these people:

Mistress Serena and Countess Elizabeth for their work as Queen's Champion
lyst mistresses. This was a huge job since the lyst had 83 entrants. Thanks
for braving the heat and keeping things running smoothly.

Countess Sara for her work as lyst mistress of Guardian of the Queen's Hope,
our youth rapier championship. She had to deal with an unusual format and
constantly changing conditions. She made it work and did not kill me as I
probably deserved. Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou!

To Sir Morgan for his help keeping the heralds working. I simply did not
have to deal with this at all and that is amazing. Thanks.

To the many marshals and heralds who worked throughout the day to make these
tournaments happen. Some came just to work and help us out. Some were
fighters who used the time they could have been resting to help us make the
tournament run.

Thanks to Wilhelm and his setup crew who got the lyst field and many of the
pavilions set up to my overly picky specifications.

Last but not least thanks to Isabella, our event steward. She made the rest
of the event work so I did not have to think about anything but the
tournament.

Anyone who had the chance to fight in or watch Queen's owes these people
thanks for giving their time to make your day possible.

Christian Doré, MIC for Queen's