[Ansteorra] Suitable breathing armor

Elizabeth Crouchet ecrouchet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 08:17:30 PDT 2009

My understanding is that modern linen is made from flax but that in much of
our period the word linen referred to fabrics made from Flax, Hemp or Nettle
interchangeably.

All these fabrics are made from the stems of these plants unlike cotton
which is made from the fruit of the plant. So I might guess that they would
have similar properties but I would have read about it or test it to be
sure.

Bamboo is also showing up as fabric now and seems to feel just soft and
dreamy. I have no idea how it would test out but it would be worth trying
for similar reasons.

Hemp may indeed more durable, that is what they make rope out of.

Claire