[Ansteorra] Ansteorran in need

Pat Mullins paedrics at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 18:32:30 PDT 2009

Greetings to the list.
For those who do not know me, I am Lord Paedric OMullan, and I live in the Shire of the Shadowlands.
Due to the recent downturn in the economy, I have been under-employed for the last several months. As a result, I have fallen behind on my rent to the point that I have been told to pay $1500 by Monday, June 30,or be gone by Tuesday July 1. I have no family to turn to, so I can only turn to my extended SCA family.

Believe me, I hate begging for money as much as, or more than, any of you dislike beggers. But I have no choice.

I know that no one is going to plop down $1500 to bail me out, and I understand and accept that. But I also know that most people on this list are more financially secure than I, and that many of you have probably received assistance at some point when you were in desperate need.

It is my sincere hope that there are 75 people out there on this list who can spare $20 to help a fellow Ansteorran in need. I am not asking that you take food from the mouths of your children to send me money, or even that you skip an upcoming event to scrape together the money. But if you have $20 that you can spare, please help!If you would like to donate $20, or any amount, I will gratefully accept it. If you are willing to make a long-term loan, I will take that too. I intend to keep an accounting of all monies received. Please know that I will repay your loans, when and as I am able, even if it is only a dollar at a time.

If I am unable to raise the entire amount in a week, I may be able to negotiate an extension if I am able to make a substantial payment of $800 or $900. Failing that any monies recieved will go toward a deposit and first month's rent for another apartment, or for needed repairs to keep the car where my cat and I will be living running.

Please believe me that this is not a scam. While most of you do not know me, many of you do, and I hope you know me to be honest and forthright. Currently I am working for my landlord, doing apartment makereadies and such, but I do not always have work, and even that may end if I am forced to move. I am confident that I will have another job in the next 6-7 weeks, as my training and experience is in food-service and delivery, and most restaurants in Bryan/College Station will be hiring before TAMU starts in the fall. If ya'll can help me keep my head above water until then I will be forever in your debt.

If any of you doubt the reality of my need, please feel free to call me at 979-492-9959 or email off-list at

paedrics at yahoo.com

please note that it may take up to a day to respond to emails, as I only check me email once a day, in the evenings at the public library. And please remember that TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.

Thank you in advance for your generosity, and if you are unable to help, thank you anyway for your time and attention.

Lord Paedric OMullan
Shadowlands

mka
William P. Mullins