[Ansteorra] Heart of Volga-Kama Bolghar Discovered

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Fri Jun 26 09:44:53 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 09:26:14AM -0700, hillaryrg at yahoo.com wrote:

> Could be some very nice archeological finds come from this site:
> http://paper.standartnews.com/en/article.php?d=2009-06-25&article=27913
>
> Enjoy, Hillary
>
> The Heart of Volga-Kama Bolghar Discovered
> Russian satellite spotted the fortress of the Great Khans near the
> Kama River
>
> A Russian satellite has located the ancient castle of the Volga
> Khans, which for years has been one of the toughest nuts to crack
> for archeologists. The fortress was found in the Ancient Bolghar
> Reserve near the Kama. “If the excavations prove the satellite
> pictures are true, it will be one of the greatest ever archeological
> discoveries,” Bulgarian Prof. Nikolay Ovcharov said. Furthermore he
> said that the find would allow scientists to piece together the puzzle
> of Great Bulgaria. “Finding the fortress of the Khans is comparable
> with the Pliska discoveries,” Prof. Ovcharov told The Standart. The
> ancient palace was most probably the last haven of Khan Asparukh’s
> eldest brother – Batbayan, researchers speculate. Many believe that
> treasures of the ancient Khans, that no black archeologist could have
> ever laid a hand on, will be discovered.

Fascinating indeed.

But I have to wonder about the meaning of "black" in the term "black
archeologist". I know that "black holea, when translated" into Russian,
has a specific anatomical, rather than astronomical, meaning, and
suspect that something similar holds true here.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO