[Ansteorra] Two Questions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 27 19:41:28 PDT 2009

Okay, it's off-topic, but these comments about barbed wire made me
think of this SCA story and I can't resist.

-------
From: justin at inmet.inmet.COM (Justin du Coeur MKA Mark Waks)
Date: 23 May 91 13:41:51 GMT

The second occurred to a friend of mine, who is a chirurgeon and has one
of the most devastatingly thick Baahston accents I've ever come
across. It
happened in the middle of a woods battle (possibly Pennsic, but I'm not
sure). He came tearing out of the forest, at a run, to the gathered
chirurgeons, yelling, "I found Bob Dwyer in the woods!".

"Okay," said they, "is he hurt?".

"No, no! I found *Bob Dwyer* in the woods!"

"Ah -- this Dwyer person has some sort of medical condition?"

"NO! I found *BOB* *DWYER* in the woods! *BOB* *DWYER*!"

After a few minutes of this, he finally managed to overcome his accent
enough to force the 'r' into the middle of the phrase "barbed wire"...

                                 -- Justin du Coeur
-------

 From the SCA-stories1-msg file in the Florilegium.

I guess these panels would work better than barbed wire with fighters
as well...

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com