[Ansteorra] Drinking from a bowl

Coblaith Muimnech Coblaith at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 9 12:21:39 PDT 2009

willow wrote:
> every once in a while I get flake from drinking from a bowl. It is
> very period for my period.

Why should you catch flak for that?  It's accurate for a lot of
periods <http://www.robin-wood.co.uk/pdf/mazer_history.pdf>.

I've been hoping to get a nice wooden drinking bowl myself, but I
haven't as yet been able to find an appropriate chunk of wood to give
the local turner who agreed to try making one.  Maybe by the time I
do I'll be able to get my hands on a copy of Robin Wood's book, _The
Wooden Bowl_ <http://www.robin-wood.co.uk/book.htm>, so we can check
to see if he mentions any details from my persona culture and period
that could help make the bowl more persona-specific.  I'd like that.

Coblaith Muimnech
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
<mailto:Coblaith at sbcglobal.net>
<http://coblaith.net>