[Ansteorra] Rapier question

faolon at sallegarnes.com faolon at sallegarnes.com
Tue Jun 16 06:01:23 PDT 2009

The question you pose is the subject of much debate, each view point
dependant upon one's definition of the rapier. Now, I don't have time
right now to discuss any other view but my own nor to I feel I have the
right though I have seen merits in most of them. So to answer your
question as briefly as possible I have seen rapier in both the Leeds
Armory and the V and A that would support a late 1300's to early 1400's
time frame. This would of course very by country and in very few if any
was there ever an instance of a "clean cut" transition between 2 swords.
(pun intended couldn't resist)

Ld Faolon Muirchu

PS:  I believe my lady Muirghein has more information on the subject.