[Ansteorra] Coolest armor ever

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Wed Jun 17 10:34:57 PDT 2009

With all this talk of linen I should mention an option that breaths even
better. It is a fine mesh stainless steel chainmail shirt. One of our Dons
recently showed up with one. It provides far stronger protection, does not
impede the air flow and should never need to be replaced. However, it is
heavier than cloth, costs a lot and you will still want to wear something
under or over it (or both). Note that this is not just any chainmail but
particular stuff approved for this use. The links are very small and are all
welded shut.

You can find it by going here: http://theringlord.com/ clicking on Catalog
==> Maille Fabric ==> Chainmail Clothing. Look for the chainmail tshirts
with short sleeves, not the vests.

You can also find hoods and shirts here:
http://www.darkwoodarmory.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_10&zenid=40d052b53bc4fc7910001eb245e7618b

If anyone gets this be aware there are a few things you have to do, like
coming up with a way to keep the sleeve from hanging open and exposing the
armpit. A simple band does the trick for that. Also, make that is the shirt
is not long enough to cover all necessary area that you have appropriate
armor below it. With the tunic lenght that should not be needed but with the
shirt length you might need pants that pass as armor. Finally, be sure your
hood ovelaps the neck opening as needed.

Don Christian Doré