[Ansteorra] 30th Year Champion

YsfaelEleanor at aol.com YsfaelEleanor at aol.com
Sat Jun 20 00:28:51 PDT 2009

Greetings,

Due to circumstances that were probably well within  my control, there has
been some confusion about the tourney format I am running  on Saturday at
Ansteorra's 30th Year Celebration.  Confusion even about  whether it is a
Light or Heavy armor tourney.  As a result, and to be more  clear I am changing
it to  the following format.  To give credit to  the authors of this
tournament I say that it is the same that Caladin, Maelgwyn  and Gaston worked on
and ran at Lysts of Castleton this year.  The  description is mostly verbatim
from Cal's website.

Here you go  ...

Ransom Tournament/Melee in Heavy Armored Combat

There will be opportunity for single combat challenges.
The second phase  of foot combat will be an hour long great weapon teams
melee.
The third phase will be a standard singles format where lowest  precedence
chooses the weapon style for both combatants.

Teams will be organized by lances, and we hope the knights will  organize
lances or join a lance organized by another knight. Start recruiting  now!

You must use a single great weapon around 6 feet in length no  thrusts,
single sword and single sword and buckler are also allowed.

After you "die" you will need a ransom if you want to "resurrect" and
fight more. Ransoms are suggest to be small, like a bottle of your proffered
beverage, a poem composed for their lady, etc.

Ransoming will be conducted by heralds, each lance needs a MINIMUM of  one
herald and each fighter is suggested to have his own herald.

If you wind up being your own personal herald, you'll miss about twice as
much fighting.

This will be a judged tournament with the overall champion being the victor
 in a contest of arms against a chosen few.  The more fun, glory and
chivalry you display, the more likely it is that you will be chosen to vie for
the title and come back in five years to run the next one (unless of course
you're Mayan.)

Rules of the List:

Only two handed weapon, single weapon, or single weapon and buckler are
allowed
For two handed weapons, weapon length is limited to 6 feet.
No thrust
No Shields except small buckler.
Only killing blows count.  Blows  to arms or legs (that aren't killing
blows) mean nothing.
3 Blows to head/body means you are stunned, call each blow  ONE, TWO,
THREE, STUNNED!
If Stunned you must be walked by an enemy (not necessarily  the one who
stunned you) to heralds point, forced to ransom to recover and  rejoin same
team.
If left alone, as in not captured,  for 10  seconds when stunned, call
UNSTUNNED. You may now fight again.
Try to keep  engagements to no more than 3 on 1 for safety.
2 eye contact is  required for engagement.
Keep the "cheesy"  rules lawyering to  a minimum and enjoy the spirit of
the tournament.

Suggestions for Heralds

Heralds should announce captures, advertise great feats, mock cruddy
ransoms etc.
Ransoms should be small, a bottle of beverage, a small trinket,  a poem
composed and/or read to their lady, a single flower,  etc.

Other suggestions

Knights should recruit or capture and keep lances. Teams will  hopefully be
evened up by lances.

Audience suggested to bring prizes/ransoms for noble and impressive (or
funny) deeds.

Thank you for your attention.  If I can make it clearer let me  know.

Pax,
Ysfael
Aut Ceaser aut nihil!
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585064x1201462784/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm
/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=JunestepsfooterNO62)