[Ansteorra] Gulf War favors

Jan Van Zandt hejanais at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 11:21:04 PST 2009

Greetings,

Since the Gulf War began many years ago, the Amazon Household - at the request of Duke Inman - has every year provided the handmade gold favors to the Ansteorran heavy weapons fighters.  Over the years we have discussed alternate methods of making the favors - silk screening, stamping, machine embroidery, etc. - but decided that it was the handmade element of the favors that made them truly special.  Each favor is hand embroidered by a member of the Amazon Household.  To date we have made over 2400 of these favors for the Ansteorran Army.

The favors are given out on Saturday to all fighters who are at the war for the first time. Once a fighter has received a favor, a small black star can be added to the favor for each year the fighter returns to the war.   The Amazons will gladly add the stars - you only need to ask - but, you can have anyone add the stars.  If you have lost your gold favor (not just left it at home), please check with us about a replacement.
At the war the main Amazon encampment will be with the Shire of Ffynnon Gath.

Mistress Regina
HE Jan