[Ansteorra] Veiling

Stephanie Wilson imstephw at swbell.net
Tue Mar 3 16:50:12 PST 2009

Based on the pictorial evidence I have seen, that would depend on how you
wore your veil or veils. If you wore a French hood or English gabled hood
over your black veil with your 'upper class' Elizabethan ensemble, you would
be very fashionable (http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/sca/tudor/henegham.jpg and
http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/sca/tudor/prinmary1.jpg). If you wore a white veil
that had been starched, folded and pinned into a fairly elaborate head
covering with your 'middle class' Elizabethan clothing, you would be quite
fashionable (http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/sca/tudor/english.jpg). If you wore a
simple white veil or veils, held on by a circlet or pinned to a wimple, with
your Elizabethan emsemble of either class, you would be somewhat
unfashionable, since your head covering would be extremely old-fashioned.

HL Anne Barrington