[Ansteorra] Veiling

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Wed Mar 4 06:50:38 PST 2009

"Mantilla" is also a Spanish term for a veil.  My grandfather was born in
Cudillero, in Spain, and I have several, of various types and manufacture.
Most are black, but some are white, depending on the occasion.  For the most
part, they are worn with a tortoiseshell comb (now illegal, due to wildlife
laws) for special rituals - those tend to be narrow (perhaps a little over a
foot and a quarter wide) and long (2-ish yards).  I have one that's quite
grand, in a massive triangle.

- zubeydah