[Ansteorra] Day in Sherwood thank you's

clternus clternus at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 4 20:11:15 PST 2009

Greetings fair Kingdom of Ansteorra from the Barony of Bjornsborg,
  The weather was not the best, but the companionship of those who joined us at our Day in Sherwood was. We were overwhelmed with the amount of people who trekked out into the cold to see the Sheriff and Prince John capture Robin Hood and his merry men, and are so very glad each and every one of you came out to join us.

  Though Robin Hood stole our fair Prince John's clothing on his way to Sherwood that morning, it seems our archers, bards and rapier fighters were not robbed of their talents. It was hard to pick the final winners on this fine day, but The Day in Sherwood winners are as follows:

  Over all archery- Just Rick

  Combat target archery - Kate from Bryn Gwlad and Amber from Shadowlands

  Rapier - Lorenzo from Bryn Gwlad

  Bardic - Catrin ferch Maelgwn

  Each received a lovely medallion to commemorate the day which was made by Lord Briathel ap Arianlyss and a prize from the Baron Godwyn and Baroness Radegund once they had returned to their lands which had been held by the Sheriff of Nottingham and Prince John for most of the day.

  Strangely enough, Prince John left much as he came and we still have his clothing in the coffers should he decide to retrieve them someday.

  I would like to extend my thanks to the following people, who without them the event would not have been a success. The Baron and Baroness of Bjornsborg Godwyn Alfricson and Radegund of Tours, Lord Phillipe LeChanceux and Mistress Suzanne Beraud, Lord Haraldr Bassi and Honorable Lady Oksana Goncharova, Sir Kenneth MacQuarrie and Mistress Adelaide de Beaumont, Lord Wolfgang von der Eifel, William Harper, Lady Amerinda da Praga, Lady Branwen Le Baxtere and Lord Kolskeggr Thorolfsson, Lady Elspeth MacAuslane and Lord Briathel ap Arianlyss, Honorable Lady Debora of Durham and Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici.

  We hope that each of you that attended enjoyed the day as much as we did.

  Respectfully,

  Lady Elisava Illiesca, otherwise known as Bess

  Event Steward of Day in Sherwood