[Ansteorra] armors list

Colin MacNachtan colin at mccr.org
Thu Mar 5 05:34:28 PST 2009

On Thursday 05 March 2009, Mike Gideon wrote:
> Although the likelihood of being struck may be less, you will be struck as
> a Combat Archer. The same rules of physics apply.
>
> Michel mac Donnchaid
>

> ________________________________
> From: Michelle Dodd <lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com>
>
> I can understand having the heavier helms for combat but what about for
> combat archery? It is my understanding that archers are required to wear
> full armor including helms when in combat situations i.e.; not target
> archery. With the likelihood of being struck being less, would the lighter
> weight helm be sufficient?

As a combat archer I for one appreciate the fighters who thwack me on the helm
rather than aiming at some other body part.  It means they're less likely to
find that painful gap in my armor and definitely gets my attention.  It's a
blow I will always call, no matter how light.  I assume they could have hit
me harder if they wished to and I appreciate the courtesy.

Colin MacNachtan