[Ansteorra] Free ride to GW if you can help drive

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 5 20:42:45 PST 2009

Greetings,

My wife and I will be making our 17th pilgrimage to Gulf Wars this
year. Unfortunately, I do not drive outside of the Austin area and at
12 hours from Austin it is getting to be a more and more difficult
drive for her to do alone.

We are looking for an individual or couple who would like a free ride
to Gulf Wars in return for driving half the distance each way. We've
been stuffing a Honda mini-van with the two of us and our gear, but
with an addition person or two we would be pulling a small cargo
trailer, either ours if I can get it ready to go in time, or a small
U-haul.

We usually leave on Saturday or Saturday night in time to arrive on
site as gate opens or shortly after this. We usually leave after the
volunteer raffle after Grand Court on Saturday, although I've heard
that Grand Court will be Friday night this year. We can probably
alter these plans if needed. We would be open to detouring to pick
someone up more or less on the southern route to GW or having them
met us here in Austin and have them leave their vehicle at our place.

One alternative is to make each drive a two-day affair but we'd
rather spend the money helping a fellow SCAdian than paying for motel
rooms and I think it would also be better for my lady.

Please contact me if you might be interested or know someone who might.

Thanks,

THLord Stefan li Rous
THLady Alina Mitchell
--------