[Ansteorra] A part of history

Tina Michael tinabetta at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 09:13:01 PDT 2009

Last night I stepped into a part of Oklahoma/ theatre history. I made my
debut in the Olio at the Spotlight theatre. The Spotlight hosts the longest
running play in America, "The Drunkard", having run every Saturday night
since 1953 What a neat adventure. To go backstage and see the names of all
of the people who have performed there over the past 56 years written on the
walls and the backs of the flats was almost overwhelming. And to be welcomed
the way I was, I felt so calmed and loved that it was so easy to go out
there in front of all of those people and do what I do best.
   I really showed them what I could do, a little comedy, a little song, and
even a little dance. And of course, the fabulous costume. Picture a great
big ol' show pony... Feathers, big hair and lots of crisp, shiny taffeta and
ribbons. When I went to the auditions all I had to show then was a costume
sketch and a couple of tunes and it became a true Vaudeville style act.
Thanks to the director, Mark Roberts, for trusting me. He usually does not
let unchecked material go on stage and he basically took me sight unseen.
   WOW! And to think that the character I performed as was born in the SCA
as my "secret identity" for when the ladies of House Naked Moon go party
hopping, tee hee! I owe it all to the SCA and so many wonderful friends who
encouraged my interest in costuming and the Bardic Arts. Thanks all!

Yours in service, see you at War!

Lady Augustina Elizabetta da San Germano
Minstrel of the Eclipse Moonschadowe

aka the Fabulous Miss Bubbles Boudoir!

--
Any day above ground is a good day!