[Ansteorra] Veiling

Maria Buchanan scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 4 11:51:41 PST 2009

You MUST be talking about an Orthodox Catholic church.  I have never heard of a RC church in America denying communion to a woman who didn't have her hair covered.
I probably should have mentioned that earlier.  I was raised RC not Orthodox.  They are different churches.  Also Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox and Ukranian Orthodox are all different churches - three different versions of the Orthodox church.
I've never been to Italy so I don't know about the churches there.  I'd have to take your word for it Coblaith.  I can definitely see it happening though.  The RC church in Italy is more traditional than it is here in the US.  So that wouldn't surprise me.  I do remember when I went to the Ukranian Orthodox church for a little while, I was not required to wear a head covering.
It's an interesting conversation.  Please let me know which church you went to.  I'd be very interested to know.  I haven't actually been to a RC church except for funerals in over 10 years.
Maria