[Ansteorra] request for information about dying with plants

Susan Froebel susanfroebel at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:37:30 PDT 2009

We've always known you were a great one for talking for long periods of time whether or not you knew the subject.  Why stop now?  [grin]  (Silly Don, can resist one little typo.  Talk about a man with no will power.  Wait, this is Alden.  Saying he has no willpower is being a bit redundant isn't it?  Hmm?)

And Oleander is a new world plant.

I know it's not a plant dye, but the Romans used murex shells for their purple, I believe, but it was a red purple.  My Baroness, Mistress Gwenneth, is quite knowledgeable in plant dyes, but she's away at war.  Mistress Rhiannon ferch Cian is not at war and might know more.  I'm afraid I just read about herbology rather than practicing.

Rhiannon "the other" o Goed Niwlog [who thinks Alden is a silly man, but he's still one of my favorite people]