[Ansteorra] Rapier Armor Question

Chelsea Durham baby_sis_83 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:21:05 PDT 2009

In history, there are many cultures that used linen as an under armour to avoid thrusting penetrations. The 300 Spartans for example used it under their armour.

Curiously, tests have been run on mummies to determine if some of their damage was done while the body was still "fresh" or after it was mummified and left to sit in a tomb for 500+ years. Generally, the test run on the freshly linen wrapped body had the weapon of choice bounce off, or only penetrate a layer or two.

The virtual cornucopia of useless information,
-Lady [Nerd] Grainne Kathleen NicPadraig MacDaniel

Son, I never knew there was part of me missing until you were born.