[Ansteorra] Source for white belt blanks?

chuck.graves at faa.gov chuck.graves at faa.gov
Tue Mar 31 09:08:51 PDT 2009

Greetings,

Don Maelgwyn showed me a fabulous (supple) white belt at Gulf Wars. The
process involved lard and produced an outstanding belt...which was white
throughout.

Regards,
Tadhg

"Sir Morgan Buchanan" <morganbuchanan at hotmail.com>
Sent by: ansteorra-bounces+chuck.graves=faa.gov at lists.ansteorra.org
03/31/2009 09:56 AM
Please respond to
"Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>

"Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Ansteorra] Source for white belt blanks?

In truth, white dyed leather just doesn't work out too well.  It doesn't
"stay" like commercially available whites.  And then there's She Who Must
Be
Obeyed... it's really a bad equation all around.

I've purchased leather blanks from these guys.  You have to be specific
about how thick you want them or you tend to get pretty thin garment grade

belts.

http://www.vikingleathercrafts.com/index.php

Morgan