[Ansteorra] Brianna, Tuesday

Carolle Ternus clternus at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 5 18:56:58 PDT 2009

Brianna is resting comfortably, and Emrys is doing relatively well.
Emrys is touched the visits, emails and stories and immediately tells
Tonie about each call or message, so that she knows how much she is loved.

I'm collecting all the emails to give Emrys, and I'm soliciting more.
If you have any pictures or any stories, from the 2 seconds she made you
laugh while in line for a porta potty to the three hour conversation on
how Han shot first, to the joys of the tournament and battlefields,
either send them to me at clternus at sbcglobal dot net or publicly on
the list, so that all may share, so that I can continue to collect and
give to Emrys your loving words.

For those newer to the SCA, a little explanation.  Emrys and Brianna
were the Baron and Baroness of Bjornsborg, immediately preceding Godwyn
and myself, and immediatley after Mari and Rai.  She was diagnosed with
a brain tumor 2 and a half years ago (a couple of years after stepping
down).  While she beat the cancer, the treatment left lasting ill
effects.  Before they stepped down, I had the privilege as serving as
their last Seneschal.  Brianna was an artisan and a combatant, first in
armored and then in rapier.  She's the classiest lady I know, and I
viewed her as someone to emulate, in many ways, SCA and non.

She's not the first SCA loved one we've lost; she won't be the last.
But each one is a knife in our hearts as we struggle with our grief.
Don't wait to tell your loved ones that they are loved; tell them today.

Radegund,
Baroness of Bjornsborg
and proud successor to the baronial crown that Brianna last wore.