[Ansteorra] Brianna, Tuesday

Catalina Ana de Salamanca catalina at ravenkeep.org
Tue May 5 20:01:52 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Carolle Ternus <clternus at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> I'm collecting all the emails to give Emrys, and I'm soliciting more.

My first awareness that women could be heavy fighters in the SCA came from
Brianna. We had gone over to the house for a glass mosaic class and I saw
the picture of her receiving her Sable Falcon on the field. Later on, I was
loaned that exact plate coat to be authorized in for the first time. I wore
her plate coat proudly until I made my own first set of armor and I've
always considered her to be one of my original inspirations. The first heavy
tourney I ever won was Deeds of Heros II, given by the hand of Baroness
Brianna the event that she stepped down as Baroness.She will always be one
of my Lights of Valor.

~Catalina Ana de Salamanca