[Ansteorra] Dear liz and wall hangings

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Thu May 21 23:58:11 PDT 2009

I have always used Latex house paint and Ariclyx tube paint. I also use the craft paint. I outline in the gloss black from Walmart. The inexpensive craft paints seems to do as well as the expensive paint.  the Liquctix paint is student paint and is color fast for a limited amount of time but it seems to maintain color as well as the expensive paint. I often get paint at hardware store where they have the mix match stuff. the only problems we have had with fading was with things painted on tigger or spray paint gold.
Sheet fabric is too thin. It will start tearing in about three years.\ and paint bleeds through it. You will need to lift it every once in a while to keep it from sticking to whatever you have it on. I had one dry on my board and tear when I tried to get it off.
I like a 40-60 or 50/50 polyester bottom weight blend. It needs to have enough cotton in it to feel and breath like cotton.  The 100% cotton starts to rot in about 7 years. So far the blends have keep their colors and have not rotted since Sultan's reign.
If you need more help just write or call 817-719-3602
willow