[Ansteorra] History Question

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Tue May 5 21:03:05 PDT 2009

The photo is of Seamus and Karlanna in their second reign, at the War with
the Outlands (technically the Interkingdom Phune, in the Shire of
Scorpion's Hollow), on October 11, 1987.  That's the throne of the Queen of
the Outlands next to Karlonna, so it's Tara's throne.  King Artan's was on
the other side of it, outside the picture.  Behind them, the lady in the
coronet is Mistress Adelicia Tagliaferro (then the Honorable Lady Adelicia
Gilwell, Star Principal Herald).  The court is of especial historical
import.  That's the court in which the Crowns of Ansteorra and the Outlands
established the White Scarf Treaty, and the Order of the White Scarf of the
Outlands was founded.

I don't know why they are wearing their county coronets (which those
certainly are), but other photos of the same court confirm that they were
doing so.  (Yes, OF COURSE I have photos of that court.  They were on
display a couple weeks ago at the Thirtieth Anniversary White Scarf event.)

The photo is mislabeled, by the way.  While Seamus and Karlanna were the
thirteenth Crown of Ansteorra, it's not that reign.  It's their second
reign, the seventeenth reign of the kingdom.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin