[Ansteorra] OT: Anyone know anything about treadle sewing machines?

Donna Nesbit themaefare at yahoo.com
Sat May 23 19:45:14 PDT 2009

I know some things about treadle machines, mostly Singer however.  One thing I can tell you is to oil every joint in the treadle mechanism with a machine weight oil (3 in 1).  Also, other areas of the machine need oiling.  I found some videos on YouTube about working with an old Singer machine- how to oil it, thread it, etc.  These might be of some help to you.  I googled Antique Singer Sewing Machine to find the first one.

Where are you located?  I may be able to help or know someone who can.

Penelope