[Ansteorra] Death of a Great Lady

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Wed Nov 4 20:07:07 PST 2009

I am very sad to hear about the passing of the First Baroness of Stargate , Mistress Arlene the Soother.  She was a great organizer and had a great influence. on a large part of our Kingdom.
For many year it seemed that she and I were on opposite sides of every political conflict we got into. In the whole time I knew her she never used unpleasant or mean political techniques and because of that even with our political disagreements we could be the "loyal opposition"
His Grace Jonathan and Count Theo shared in the honor in giving her Pelican as the King of Atenveldt's last act in Ansteorra and King Jonathan first act as King of Ansteorra.
Many people have called me "Mother Ansteorra" but this Lady could of as easily been called that also.
Please ask me to tell you the story of the first "we should be a Principality" meeting and the conflict between me and Arlene.
I hope I will meet her again in the  spirit world
Fare well good Lady.
We drink a cup to you.
Your friend
Willow de Wisp