[Ansteorra] Stargate Yule and Kingdom Eisteddfod

Lorien Haigh lorihaigh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 19:32:30 PST 2009

Greetings Ansteorra,

The holiday season draws near, and Stargate’s Yule Revel is close at hand.  We
have the extreme privilege and pleasure to be hosting Kingdom Eisteddfod and
his Majesty.  Bring your voice and vie for the honor of becoming Ansteorra’s
premier bard!

The barony’s Bardic and A&S champions will also be chosen that day.  Our
Italian theme has inspired our current Bardic Champion in the running of his
competition.  For the first round of the competition, participants are
requested to find a patron for their performance. Be it a freshly composed
piece extolling the virtues of the patron, or simply a piece that they
dearly love to hear, pleasing the patron is the first round goal.  The
remainder of the competition is bard’s choice of two pieces.

The A&S championship will be a body-of-work competition, the winner to be
selected by their Excellencies Stargate, with the advice and counsel of past
Stargate Artisans.  Competitors have the option of submitting a single item
for written scoring and feedback, but the judging will be based on the body
of work as a whole.  If your display will have special requirements (space,
access to electricity, or any other considerations) please let our A&S
minister HL Thomas atte Woode, attewoode at gmail.com, know ahead of time so
arrangements can be made to accommodate them.

Throughout the day we hope to provide you with entertainment in the form of
games, dancing and other revelry.  Our traditional table decorating contest
is back this year, with a beautiful handmade wreath as the prize.  This year
marks the return of our costume contest, come display your best clothes in
our fashion show.  Extra consideration will be given to those that play up
the Italian theme in both.

To finish the day, Lord Ambrose Blackwood has crafted a fabulous Tuscan
feast:

Creamy Mushroom and Leek Soup, served with bread and cheeses

Vegetable Frittata

Roasted Game Birds

Roasted Vegetable Medley

Risotto in Creamy Carbonara Sauce

And for dessert, a Tuscan Fruit Cake which our feast steward wants you to
know is “not your Grandma’s door stop fruit cake!”

For feast reservations, or more information, email the event steward Lady
Lorien (me!) at lorihaigh at gmail.com

YIS,
Lorien