[Ansteorra] Punch tests

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 06:43:01 PST 2009

> It is generally true and a good bet that 3 layers will pass but not
> guaranteed. Some colors, such as the darker blues, tend to wear out
> very quickly. You will still need to get a punch test done. That will
> require about a one foot square in three layers (this takes about a
> 1/3 of a yard) to have it tested.

Silly question... what happens to the fabric after a punch test is
performed? If you don't have a use for any natural fibers that are
tested I can make sure they don't do to waste. Having a baby means
tiny scraps can make a whole outfit! Even if they are shredded I can
still find a use for them as I'd like stuffing for rag dolls for my
daughter. If I get enough scraps I may even start making gifts for
other people's little ones.

If anyone else out there has linen scraps that they'd like not
cluttering their sewing room I can make use of them too!

Thanks everyone!

~Eve