[Ansteorra] OT: Sad News for the Knowne world

Catrin ferch Maelgwn ladycatrin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:31:33 PDT 2009

This is so awful.  I remember Kolfinna from my years living in Caid,
and I absolutely can't believe she's gone.  She was the first lady to
be made a knight in Caid, and she contributed so much to the fighting
community, and the SCA as a whole.  She exuded joy and strength and
tenacity both on the field and off, and I know I was just one of a
great many who looked up to her.

I was already in Ansteorra by the time she and Sven sat the Caidan
thrones for the first time, but I know she must have made a beautiful
Queen.  She had one of those rare smiles that could genuinely light up
a room, every time.

There is a hole in the heart of an entire kingdom today.  I pray for
some comfort to visit all those who grieve, though there is nothing
that can ease such great sorrow.

-Catrin