[Ansteorra] Hnefatafl Tournament at Ursae & Lyons.

deboramarzec at aol.com deboramarzec at aol.com
Sun Oct 4 13:40:25 PDT 2009

Time is swiftly passing and preparations are well underway for a Hnefatafl Tournament to be held at Bjornsborg's Ursae & Lyons event Oct.16th-18th.

The basic rules of play and event information can be found at

http://www.bjornsborg.org/

It will be a single elimination tourney with the throw of a coin determining who plays which side.

No entrants under 12 years of age.

Sign up can take place by e-mailing me prior to Oct. 14th with your name & expected arrival time if daytripping. (No presigned entry if your expected arrival time is after 9am Sat.)

Or on site sign up can take place Fri. evening or Sat. morning before 8:30am in the Tavern tent.

First round assignments and boards will be available by 9am. Players are asked to complete their matches in a timely manner, taking into account the constraints of their other commitments.

Once a match is completed please return to the Tavern tent to receive your next round information.

There will be pauses in the fighting during the day such as lunch so we will try to accommodate fighters who also wish to enter the tournament. Average time per game usually runs about 15-20 minutes or less. For later rounds there will also be time after the day's fighting and before, and even during feast.

All matches,except the final, should be completed before the start of evening Court.

The finalists will be announced during Court and the final will take place in the Tavern Sat. evening.

I will be the judge, and all decisions made by me, whether arbitary or fair, will be binding on all entrants.

The prize board can be viewed at http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1051587&l=5727e66384&id=1369035141

Thanks.

HL Debora of Durham.