[Ansteorra] Forwarded on behalf of Master Liam St. Liam

Lauren Norman lmnorman at uh.edu
Thu Oct 1 11:53:59 PDT 2009

Greetings from Master Liam St. Liam, Kingdom of the East.

I would beg you to take a moment for a slightly off-topic request.

Three of us from the East Kingdom have formed a team called “Agni Dentati” (Sheep With Teeth,” to raise money for New York Special Olympics through the Polar Plunge.

What does that mean? On Saturday, Nov. 21, Baroness Leonete, Lady Gwenlianna will be swimming in Lake George, NY. This is the third year for our team and last year we finished second to the dreaded Saratoga Rugby Club in fund-raising.

This will be my sixth Plunge, and with the help of a lot of SCA friends helped me finish as the top local fund-raiser for the local plunge with more than $3,000.

As the economy tightens, I find I need to push harder to raise the money, which Special Olympics really needs.

So I am reaching out to you and asking for help, if you can.

If you want to donate online: Go to www.nyso.org. Scroll down slightly and click on “Lake George Polar Plunge.”

My name should be on the leader board. If it’s not, click “Sponsor a Participant” and type in my name.

You can get to Leonete and Gwenlianna (and anyone else who joins) through the “My Team” link on my donation page.

The alternative is to simply make out a check to “Special Olympics New York” and mail it to:

Bill Toscano
PO Box 511
Hudson Falls, NY 12839

Thank you for your time and consideration,
 Liam